The Path of a Physician
The Path of a Physician.
Word count: 1368
Choice count: 18
Section count: 12
Image count: 12
Error count: 0
Field Related Analysis:
Education : 18 matches (CEGEP, School, choice, college, don, extracurricular, field, field of study, first, general, grades, high school, learned, market, school, semester, students, university)
Law/Paralegal-Technology : 15 matches (Budget, close, community, death, family, General, harassment, living, Local, market, month, process, Sexual, Special, volunteer)
Archaeology : 13 matches (close, college, community, form, here, market, point, Re, stage, study, thing, type, zone)
Target Structure:
come in handy (1 match)
income (2 matches)
internship (1 match)
pull off (1 match)
sexual harassment (1 match)
straight A's (2 matches)
thoughtful (1 match)
wage (1 match)
The Path of a Physician.
Choosing the college I want to study in.
It's the end of high school, and everyone is thinking about their future job and which field of study they're going in. For me, I have always dreamed of being a physician so that's why I want to study in Natural Science at college. It's now the time when I have to decide which college I want to study in. My two choices are Ahuntsic College and Montmorency College. I am in a big dilemma because Ahuntsic College is very close to where I live but a lot of my friends are going there, so I'm wondering if I'm going to be distracted. On the other hand, Montmorency College is far from my home but since few of my friends are going there I think I'll be more focused. In either ways I really have to decide because I'm running out of time.
Choice 1 : Ahuntsic College.
Choice 2 : Montmorency College.

Ahuntsic College.
I chose Ahuntsic College because it's more practical and time saving to study at a college near my home, and it will prevent me from waking up extremely early each morning. On top of that, I'm wondering if it is a good idea to work during college because I'll always need a minimum of income to pay for my needs even if I am living with my family at the moment.
Choice 1 : Work.
Choice 2 : Not work.
Montmorency College.
I chose Montmorency College because I think I'll be more focused there on my own since there's not a lot of my friends going there to distract me. Even if it is far from home I think it's a good decision because the more I go far from home the more I meet new people and see more diversity and that will allow me to change my point of view on certain things. On top of that, I'm wondering if it is a good idea to work during college because I'll always need a minimum of income to pay for my needs even if I am living with my family at the moment.
Choice 1 : Work.
Choice 2 : Not work.
Work.
I think that working part-time while studying is a good idea because it allows me to gain experience in the labor market and improve my way of interacting with other people since I'm going in the medical field, it's required from a doctor to be comfortable talking with his patients. Towards the start of my first CEGEP semester, I learned that my father was diagnosed with liver cancer, and that he was in his last stage. Earlier this month, my father died, and I am completely devastated. I can't deal with school anymore. I am thinking about dropping out. On the other hand, I know my father always wanted me to pursue my studies and become a doctor and I really want to make him proud.
Choice 1 : Drop out of college.
Choice 2 : Continue my studies.
Not work.
I chose to focus on on school rather than working and getting my focus way from school since I have no choice to pull off straight A's to be accepted in medical school. Unfortunately, at the beginning of college, I learned that my father was diagnosed with liver cancer, and that he was in his last stage. Earlier this month, my father died, and I am completely devastated. After what happened, I realized that I don't have any choice but work to help my brothers provide for my family since my mother can't work.
Choice 1 : Help my family and work.
Help my family and work.
Working while studying, and managing to pull of straight A's is not an easy thing to do. In addition to that, after what happened with my father, I am completely devastated and can't even focus on school. I am seriously thinking about dropping out form school. On the other hand, I know my father always wanted me to pursue my studies and become a doctor and I really want to make him proud.
Choice 1 : Drop out of college.
Choice 2 : Continue my studies.
Drop out of college.
I decided to take a break from school and heal from the death of my father. I'm going to continue the next semester because I know that my father wouldn't be happy if I dropped out of school completely. What happened to him encouraged me even more to be a professional in the medical field knowing that I will help to prevent kids from losing their parents.
Choice 1 : Continue my studies.
Continue my studies.
I chose perseverance instead of giving up. I'm really thoughtful and grateful about the values that my father transmitted me, and I want to respect them. I know that studying to become a physician is a very long and exhausting process but it's worth it and it's really want I want to do later. Since I want to increase my chances to be accepted in medical school I have to fill up my resume with a lot of experience and extracurricular activities so that I can stand out from the other candidates. That is when volunteering come in handy. I decided to volunteer after the first year of college with one of my friends that actually chose the same path as me. We are hesitating between volunteering locally or abroad. Every type of those volunteering have different benefits and drawbacks.
Choice 1 : Local volunteering.
Choice 2 : Volunteering abroad.
Local volunteering.
My friend and I chose to volunteer locally because we thought that there were a lot more benefits than drawbacks. In general, being a volunteer in my city shows that I care about my community and doing my part to help people that are affected by many issues whether it is about poverty, sexual harassment, medical issues, etc. In addition to that, local volunteering doesn't need a significant budget compared to volunteering abroad. Now that I managed to get very great grades and an enriched resume, I got accepted in two different universities. I applied to the Medical program at McGill and the University of Montreal. Again, it is very difficult to decide because every university has different benefits and drawbacks. McGill is a very well-reputed university internationally but is an English university and I studied in French. University of Montreal is francophone and located close from where I live.
Choice 1 : University of Montreal.
Choice 2 : McGill.
Volunteering abroad.
Volunteering abroad is taking a big step outside of my comfort zone because I didn't travel a lot in my life. Being a volunteer in another country for helping other people that don't have necessarily the same advantages us makes me really proud of myself. It also really made my resume different and more special than the other candidates that applied in Medical School. I finally got accepted in two different universities. I applied to the Medical program at McGill and the University of Montreal. Again, it is very difficult to decide because every university has different benefits and drawbacks. McGill is a very well-reputed university internationally but is an English university and I studied in French. University of Montreal is francophone and located close from where I live.
Choice 1 : University of Montreal.
Choice 2 : McGill.
University of Montreal.
Studying at the University of Montreal was a very enriching experience where I actually met my future wife. I finished all my study years I got in Cardiology. I finally achieved my dreams and made my father proud. I am currently in an internship at the Hospital of the University of Montreal. Looking back at my path, I think it is really inspiring for other students.
Write a choice here.
McGill.
Finishing my studies at the University of McGill made me really proud of myself that I achieved my dream but most importantly I made my father proud. A year ago, after I finished school, I moved to the United States, and I am now working as a Gynecologist and getting a very high wage.
Write a choice here.
Comments
Post a Comment